The Knitting Dietitian

All things knit, crafty, & food related!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

O Pesto Pizza!

How to make your very own Pesto Pizza


What you need:
pizza dough blender or food processor
fresh basil pizza pan or cookie sheet
garlic
mozzerella cheese
parmesan cheese
olive oil



Chris grate the cheese. This is a no brainer. Feel free to snack on the delicious mozzerella.


To make the pesto: Throw some fresh basil, a few cloves of garlic, parmesan cheese, and some olive oil into the blender. If you want to be very precise I recommend looking up a pesto recipe for measurements and the whatnot. I like to just through it all in and add this and that as needed to taste. Most recipes call for pine nuts or walnuts, which I did feel was necessary for the pizza.




My favorite part is making the dough! I use a recipe from Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. All you need is flour, yeast, olive oil, salt, and warm water. Very easy! You can also buy dough mixes and premade pizza dough, if you are so inclined. I recommend adding italian seasonings into the dough, dried basil, oregano, etc. I don't actually own a rolling pin, but the glass works fine.
Now throw the dough in the air a little, it will impress people.


Spread that pesto all over that dough. Then cheese it up real nice. Oh yeah. Then pop that baby in the oven.

I set it at 400 degrees for 15 min. Which I believe was a little too long. Chris calls it burnt, I call it crispy.

But it was actually VERY tasty.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Cool! Nice recipe. Post some knitting if you get the chance :) Thanks for visiting my blog. (I think I may be making this recipe for dinner tonight - yum!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home