The Knitting Dietitian

All things knit, crafty, & food related!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Crewel Embroidery

I embroidered this design on the thigh of some old jeans. They are very comfy jeans, but the left knee recently started ripping, so I think I may do a vine-y design over the knee next. I got the design out of an old crewel embroidery book from the '70s. Then, I drew it onto the jeans with pen and embroidered over it. I really like the way it came out! I wear them all the time now. The picture is not great, unfortunately.

It's not that often I make something completely for myself. I usually make things for my etsy shop or for other people. So, this was fun.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger nasty_wench, AKA sharon-lizette said...

I love, LOVE the crewel work on your jeans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home