The Knitting Dietitian

All things knit, crafty, & food related!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

my new watering can

I had this laundry detergent bottle I have been hanging onto for some kind of craftiness. And I finally got around to doing something useful with it!

Clever Recycled Watering Can

Supplies needed:
Empty laundry detergent bottle
Painters tap
Scissors
Spray paint
Hammer
Nail
First I made sure to rinse it out thoroughly. (check out my radishes and bell pepper plant in the background)
After deciding to repurpose the container into a watering can (which I don't own) I decided it needed to be pretti-fied. I just cut leaf and floral shapes out of standard painters tape and stuck it on in a pleasing design. This is very easy and you can always move the pieces around a bit to get the design just how you want it. I spray painted brown, a color I had lying around, and peeled off the stickers when it dried.

To make the pour apparatus I punctured some holes with a hammer and nail. Again, very easy.

I like the fill line on the back, so I kept that.
Ta-dah!! I really use this all the time now. And I pretend like my plants appreciate getting watered in style.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Twinsanity said...

This is an awesome idea! I may have to steal it, since this is way prettier and more functional than the old juice bottle I've been using. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger ANKH said...

I saw this on Craftster a couple weeks ago or so. I will be using it in a tutorial swap on swap-bot. Instead of linking to your Craftster post, I think I'll link it to your blog post. Hopefully you'll get some followers out of it and they will have a new source for such awesome inspiration! At the very least, you still have me! ;)

~ANKH

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger ANKH said...

I'm baaack! I had to try this out! I am linking back to you as the inspiration. :)

~ANKH
henthornehandmade.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home