The Knitting Dietitian

All things knit, crafty, & food related!

Friday, November 02, 2007

Okay, I realize that halloween is now past but, I want to share with you my knitted pumpkin. Thanks to curly purly's pattern! This was a really fun knit in-da-round, quickly finished in one day. The stem and leaves are scraps from felted sweaters. I plan to continue to display my pumpkin friend until Thanksgiving, thankyouverymuch.

I couple of weekends ago my friend Cyndi visited and we visited my LYS- Woolie Ewe. She bought all kinds of pretty yarn for a sweater vest. And I bought a book for a very pregnant friend & yarn to make her soon-to-be little girl this Baby Pixie Hat. Check out the pattern to see what the hat looks like on!

My preg-friend Ellis is knitting this adorable little pea-coat (pictured above) but the book wasn't in her project budget, so it made a great gift. I made a little lace-button bookmark to the page of the pattern she's working on. Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss is actually full of adorable baby/toddler projects. I actually wanted to get myself on too, even though I do not have a bun in the oven. I really hope the pixie hat fits new-born Vera!!
By the way, the pixie hat knit up in one evening!!
Coming soon: Progress on Interweave Knit Fall 07 Minimalist Cardigan. I'm done with the back, right front, and almost left front! Sleeve to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home