The Knitting Dietitian

All things knit, crafty, & food related!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

WIPs & New Charity Knit Project

WIP#1: Minimalist Cardigan

The last sleeve!! This whole project is done in moss stitch, which is beautiful yet tedious. I have found reasons to knit many smaller projects in between. But now I'm on my last sleeve, I must. finish. soon.

WIP#2: Chris v. 2007
I make my husband a winter hat every year (I think he decided this) and every year the hat is a little different and shows my progress as a knitter. Chris picks out his own color every year and is surprising particular about it.

This year he chose a crayola green. Its really pretty and varigated, and its all ribbed. I will share the pattern after it is finished. I also think I should show the progress in Chris Winter Hats, that would be neat.

AND now onto my new charity knit project:

I will be knitting Warm Up America blankets for Hope's Door Women's Shelter and I will need help. If you are not familiar with Warm Up America, please visit their website for more information. Basically, you knit (or crochet) 7'' x 9'' squares to donate and they are assembled into blankets for people in need. Receiving a donated blanket is more than just keeping warm, its knowing someone cares. I think this is a great idea. I am going to knit, collect, and assemble the squares into blankets and deliver to the women's shelter.

Please help me out!!

Knitting & Crocheting patterns can be found here. Or you can make up your own.

I don't have any color restictions. Baby colors are welcome, as I will be making smaller baby blankets for new moms and toddlers.

If you are interested in participating please email me at: heather1082 AT hotmail DOT com. Title the email: warm up america.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Knitoholic Rex said...

That is really cool yarn that Chris picked out for his hat.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Knitoholic Rex said...

Okay lady you suckered me in...sort of. I secretely have been wanting to do a charity knit as well. I have one 7x9 rectangle ready to go for you. I'll send you a package of them when I get a few more done. Thanks for getting me involved. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home